[meteorite-list] Recent report on "Pribramids" (meteoroid stream)

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 18 19:07:15 2005

----------------- Forward Message ----------------

Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 21:35:13 +0200
From: Sirko Molau <sirko_at_molau.de>

Subject: Video Observation Results - April 2005

Results of the IMO Video Meteor Network - April 2005

April started with four clear nights, which could be
used by almost every observer in the video network.
After that, the weather deterriorated strongly
and cleared only sporadically. However, just in time
for the Lyrids the clouds disappeared, such that on
April 21 and 22 almost every observer resumed the
obsevation. Thereafter it got rainy and cold, but
thanks to the six nights with globally clear skies we
could collect more observing hours this April than in
the years before.

On April 6, we had the third anniversary of the
"Neuschwanstein" meteorite fall. Since its orbit was
very similar to the orbit of "Pribram" which fell on
April 6, 1959, it was suspected that there might exist
an meteorite stream. Given the radiant of
alpha = 192 deg, delta = +19 deg and v_inf = 17 km/s
I checked the video data for possible meteor activity
from the "Pribramids", but I was not successful. Out
of 693 meteors recorded between April 1 and 15,
622 were classified as sporadic, 54 as Virginids and
only 17 as "Pribramids".
In the individual nights, the "Pribramid" rate was
1/20 of the sporadic rate or below, and those 17 were
probably only by chance alignments of sporadic
meteors.
+++++message truncated+++++