[meteorite-list] NWA 987 (Darren's AD)

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon May 23 16:32:29 2005

Darren wrote:

> I have an 18 gram part-slice of NWA 987 that I've decided to sell. The
> few web sites I can find that are selling pieces of this meteorite look
> to be around $9.00 a gram, but I'm selling mine for $5.00 a gram, for a
> total of $90 plus shipping. Photo:

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/nwa_987.jpg

Hello Darren and List,

There are presently only about thirty L3.8 chondrites in our collections and
the heavily shocked NWA 987 is one worth having. My 7.6 g slice from Bruno &
Carine has abundant grayish-white clasts and chondrules, fresh dark fusion
crust, a few armored chondrules, abundant FeNi specks and flakes and it is
rich in troilite. There is also a large armored chondrule and I am not sure
whether I'm looking at a radiating pyroxene chondrule or at a polysomatic
compound chondrule.

Darren's price is absolutely OK. I had to pay more when I purchased my slice.
Darren's description says the TKW is 975 grams but, according to my sources
it's 900 gr + another 1600 gr (2 pieces).

Best wishes and congrats to the
lucky buyer of this 18g partslice,

Bernd