[meteorite-list] ALDAMA (B)

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon May 23 18:19:18 2005

> Hi again list.I just got my beautiful 159 gram slice of WELLMAN (F) from
> McCartney taylor today.Avery nice piece.I also got as a small surprise,a
> 0.3 gram piece of ALDAMA (B).I never heard of this.Can someone shed some
> light on this one for me.

Steve, Steve, Steve, if you never *HEARD* of this, why don?t you spend some
time *READING* about this. Being a big dog and high roller in the business
as you most likely consider yourself, you surely have invested in a few
books or databases about meteorites as time went by, right?

If not, so here we go:

Aldama (b), Chihuahua Mexico, (H5, S2, W3), found in summer 1996
A 66.5 g stone was found by a rockhound while searching for minerals;
classification and mineral analysis (J.Otto, University of Freiburg,
Germany), J.N.Grossman, Met. Bull. 82, MAPS, 1998, 33, p.A221.

SCNR,
Alex