[meteorite-list] chondrule size range?

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 24 11:49:12 2005

Darren commented:

>>of my ears like hot plasma. Le grit? al mesero, "MESERO!" Hay un
grand?simo
>>grano de sal en este salero tan chiquillo. Y como pensaba que ?l era
>>experto en esos asuntos, y yo, andaba tan mortificado, le suplicaba que
me diera
>>respuesta a qu? se deb?a ese enorme grano de sal all? en mi triste
salero.
>>Todo un caballero, me inspir? mucha confianza al decirme, "S?, se?or, no
me
>>tardo ni un instante." Y se desvaneci?. Estaba por reventar mi pobre
coraz?n,
>>pero enseguida se presentaba el joven mesero con una tremenda Margarita.
Solo
>>me dijo, y con mucho respeto, ?? Primero qu?tale la tapita del salero,
luego
>>s?cate el enorme granito, y te la echas y te la tomas todita !!

>Thoughts not adequately expressed in English?

I shouted to the waiter, "WAITER!" There's a giant grain of salt in this
tiny saltshaker. Believing he was an expert in those things, and being so
mortified, I begged him to give me an answer as to what that enormous grain of salt
was doing in my sad saltshaker. Completely a gentleman, he kindly said to
me, "Yes Sir, I won't be but a moment," so I put my faith in him. Then, he
vanished. My poor heart was about to to burst, but immediately the young waiter
reappeared with a tremendous Margarita. All he said to me, and with much
respect, was, "First take off the small top of the saltshaker, then remove that
huge piece of salt, and you toss it in, and you have her all for you!!

Not much better than "Babblefish" (Sorry). Then again, the translation
itself may have been funnier than the original. Words like Margarita have
multiple meanings. Margarita=tropical drink, a pearl, a flower, and even a
girl...Gentleman became horseman or knight, etc..Glad I don't depend on this to
post:-)
Saludos