[meteorite-list] what could this be?

From: Dave Freeman mjwy <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu May 26 11:06:35 2005

I am a dud wood collector! I looked but didn't see the connection. As
I scramble for a second look, palm because of the vascular sell bundle
placement in the trunk (and root ball) will have a mostly predictable
form when it fractures apart. As a piece it will be fractured with
curved but rather flat-ish lines and would expose the "broom straw"
side/lateral views of the water transporting vascular cell bundles, as
like a celery stalk. Most of the palm from eastern Texas is Catahoula
fm. and of Oligocene in age but there may well be a larger less
beautiful amount of eocene or cretaceous located elsewhere in the state.
Davemissedit