[meteorite-list] John's D'Orbigny Thin Section Pictures

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri May 27 04:24:50 2005

John kindly wrote:

> I got one of these d'Orbigny thin sections from E.T. and I'm thrilled.
> It is a generous size and super quality. I took some pictures of it
> that you may view here:

http://www.johnkashuba.com/Ach_D'Orbigny_Angrite.html

Bill kindly responded:

> Very Nice John! Thanks for sharing it.

Hello John, Bill, and List,

John, your thin section pics have always been high class but
these are outstanding. A resounding bravo from Germany! Angrites
look so modest but are a kaleidoscope of wonderful colors under
crossed polars. Wish I had one of these thin sections with their
multitude of brilliant white anorthite laths, with those colorful,
zoned pyroxenes and olivines ... There are two tiny angrites in my
collection (NWA 1670 and SAH 99555) but no angrite thin section(s)
.. not yet ;-)

Best Regards,

Bernd