[meteorite-list] WARNING !! PAYPAL USERS.

From: Jan Bartels <jan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri May 27 16:33:37 2005

Listees !!

Maybe not meteorite related but since there are quite a few Paypal users
on the list i feel i neet to post this.
This morning i received an email (joan_at_paypal.com) with the message that
recently i had made some changes in my account. OK...i have a new credit
card so had to change the number. This person linked me to a list which a
had to fill in to compare the statistics with the old stuff. This list
looked unbelievable real 'couse it was really on the paypal website, at
least it appeared to be! If i did'nt fill in this form with the right
things my account could be canceled. I filled it in...until i came to the
part where i had to fill in my card number. All numbers stayed visible for
reading instead of the little dots that usual appear. One more line down i
had to fill in my pincode....WRONG!!! This is where i became suspicious
and i thought it was time to contact paypall. They were shocked by the
professionality this spam sh..t was made and they will start a serious
investigation.
BE PREPARED!! Keep your eyes open and don't just answer these mails before
contacting paypal !!

Have a stony weekend all!!
Jan
The Netherlands