[meteorite-list] List as bad as blog!

From: E. L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri May 27 22:20:35 2005

Congrats! Good work. Now you know at least that that name is setting
you up.

I do similar things with addresses that move freely amongst the many
"free and throw away" accounts
Over the years has anyone else ever wondered if and why so many of the
"So n So's Our Hero, Stop Bashing Him !, Enabler Society"-- have "throw
away" email addresses (e.g. yahoo, hotmail etc.) with ISP access in, for
example--the Chicago, Illinois area? Or why they only post to "support"
the Hero, and never answer questions put to them? Maybe it is just that
I am paranoid... The subscribers to this list are SOOOOOooo played and
many so gentle and trusting they are oblivious.

Giving things away seems, on the surface, as a noble mangamous behavior
until you remember that Jim Jones gave away free kool-aid , Thalidimide
was a free sample given to pregnant women, and your neighborhood drug
dealer frequently starts a new customer with a "free bag".

I think you are right--we shouldn't tolerate fake identities, we
shouldn't tolerate being played, and when the liars are found out we
shouldn't tolerate their deceit. An apology is ok once but when it is
used over and over as a "get out of jail free" card, how do we expect
that the apology is ever sincere ever? In the long run, as was said
long ago on the list,--this trade is based on the trust and integrity of
the person's claim of provinence-that the material is what it is
represented to be. If they are deceptive in other matters why do we
want to believe that they are suddenly "wholey honest" in their sales
weights, sizes, and representations. How would we know the material was
even from the meteorite they claim it is?

I want to apologize for this post, and I want to apologize in advance
for the next one--it won't happen again....and in case it does, I want
to apologize for that one too. Oh did I tell you I apologize for this
post? (rolling my eyes)

Elton