[meteorite-list] Laurencite disease?

From: Bill Southern <Nugget-Shooter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 28 20:52:13 2005

Hello Tom and List,

They actually were treated that was after being cut and polished and I guess
it has been about 2 weeks now since treatment. Is there a way to prevent
this without the use of oil on a chondrite?

On the other hand it is a fascinating process to witness and seems to move
along at a steady although slow pace in this one area while in other spots
the process is stopped or moving much slower. I am in Arizona where we have
very little humidity right now and my specimens are in a sealed container,
but this is a chemical process correct? Would eliminating oxygen help?

Bill