[meteorite-list] Fred's TAN 057 a CK or a CV Chondrite?

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Nov 1 10:52:21 2005

Hello David, Frederic, and List,

> Do you have any idea why your Tanezrouft 057
> is listed ...as a CK5 rather than a C4-An?

Could this be a typo? If it was a CK5, it would have to be highly
recrystallized - maybe comparable to Mike Farmer's NWA 1907 CK5
or to NWA 060, another CK5, which it definitely isn't.

It also looks different from a "usual" CK, when I compare it to
my HaH 280 (CK4) or my NWA 521 (CK4). It looks much more like
typical CV3 chondrites (Allende, Axtell) or like the anomalous
Ningqiang (CN3?/"N" stands for Ningqiang) that had been classi-
fied as a CV3-an but was reclassified as a CK3-an by Alan Rubin.

Best wishes,

Bernd