[meteorite-list] FIREBALL OVER NORTHERN VIRGINIA

From: Francis Graham <francisgraham_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Nov 2 12:27:52 2005

Dear List,
  At 8:40 PM Nov. 1 a Kent State student and myself
noticed a bright bolide directly to the south, from
Kent OH.
  The sky was not very clear; horse-tail clouds were
still there at sunset, peppered with fog near the
ground at the time of viewing. So we thought the
bolide would have been seen much brighter but for
these conditions.
  Does anyone have a better time on this? Could they
be the same object? We thought it may have been a
satellite re-entry at the time.

Francis

http://www.charlottesvillenewsplex.tv/news/headlines/1936237.html