[meteorite-list] No. Virginia fireball

From: larrytwinkmonrad <larrytwinkmonrad_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Nov 2 14:31:40 2005

Hi--If I had known the interest generated, I would have been a better
observer--I did not record the time--It was Halloween evening and I was
just about to close down for lack of trick or treaters--so guessing about 9
or 9:30--from my location in the Hayfield Kingstowne area of Fairfax County
VA--what I observed was SSW of my location, about 30 degrees or so above
the horizon traveling in a WSW direction, It had the appearance of a very
wide jet vapor trail--twice or so the normal width, but very
luminescent-with a sort of bluish/pale yellow cast--my view of it was
limited as line of sight was blocked by houses and trees after it passed.

 From brother-in-law of Twink Monrad