[meteorite-list] Message From Christine Schiff

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Nov 8 01:05:58 2005

MESSAGE FROM CHRISTINE:

Messages of tribute to Joel are arriving as people learn of his
illness. I began to read them out to him, but he became quite
distressed, as giving up Meteorite magazine was a very hard thing for
him to do. So I am printing them all out for him to read later.

There are so many people to thank. If I began to name each of them, I'd
be typing "To Africa" as they say! Each issue of Meteorite magazine,
and there were 44 of them, couldn't have been produced without the
enormous support of each and everyone of them. Joel knew by heart every
name on the subscriber list. We started out 11 years ago with about
240, and ended up with 1,500. Many of the originals stayed with us for
the whole 11 years. Our advertisers stayed constant, and without their
support we couldn't have produced the magazine.

All of you Joel regarded as his friends, and he frequently said what
wonderful people you all are. Meteorite enthusiasts are a rare breed
indeed.

Amazingly Meteorite magazine was mailed out over the years to
subscribers in 55 different countries!

It was a special experience publishing Meteorite, and we are mighty
proud to have been the conduit for the efforts of so many.

 From me personally, a sincere thank you. The good news is that Joel is
slowly getting better each day, it will take a while, but likely it is
being helped by all your kind thoughts.

Kind Regards
Christine Schiff