[meteorite-list] AD: St. Martin's Day Sale

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Nov 11 16:08:46 2005

Rabimmel List!

Today is St.Martin's Day and as I am such a Martin, I need some bucks for
having goose, lampions and apples,
therefore I sell two Christmassy falls, which you could make to your own
gifts.

BARWELL
Leicestershire, England
Fall 1965, December 24, 16:20hrs
Tkw 44kg
Olivine hypersthene chondrite L6, S3

A chunk with a cut surface without crust. It's a half of a fragment found by
an anstronomy class of famous Patrick Moore, who travelled some months after
the fall to Barwell, where the stones still were laying in the streets.
Seems that the English then were somewhat more educated than the Chicagoers
nowadays...
ca 2,7cm x 2,6cm x 2,2cm (1.06" x 1.02" x 0.87")
21.10g

A short Google-glimpse revealed that Barwell is priced:
90-100$/g;
132-134$/g;
that's all there, list-archives says:
55.55$ (2002)
Ooops 33.21$ (2002, a 53g piece)
That's all.

St.Martin's price: 1000$

Second is

OURIQUE
Baixo Alentejo, Beja, Portugal
Fall 1998, Dezember 28, 00:50hrs
tkw 5kg
Olivine bronzite chondrite H4

Here, if you check the dealers' sites, you'll observe, that all material is
gone and only micromounts are still available.
Mike Farmer made this fall accessible to the collector, found and bought
8.3kgs after the fall, but has also only a few tiny chips left, often
somewhat oxidized. I have a larger, long&conical fragment left for sale, a
small side has fusion crust and it's so fresh, that one easily can notice
the brecciation. Good opportunity, for those, who missed this fall, as it's
always the same with those limited tkws, if they are gone, they are gone -
and the prices will grow.
He're you can have this last specimen even slightly cheaper than the old
price Mike asked 6 years ago.
ca 5.2cm x 2.6cm x 2.0cm (2.05" x 1.02" x 0.78")
35.02g

St.Martin's price: 500$

Rabimmel, Rabammel, Rabumm!
Martin

PS: Roast your goose well. 70?C ~ 158?F will kill every bird flu virus.