[meteorite-list] photo link - a cosmic marble

From: Stefan Ralew <stefan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Nov 13 15:38:24 2005

Hello Mike, Bernd and List,

as Bernd already has written, this possible macrochondrule has approx. 13 to
14 mm in diameter. This strange looking macrochondrule is not the only
unusual feature in this meteorite. Below I have links to some more photos.

Photo of a triangular, greenish-darkgray inclusion:
http://www.meteoriten.com/L-breccia-detail7.jpg
A close up of the inclusion:
http://www.meteoriten.com/L-breccia-inclusion.jpg
some details of the matrix:
http://www.meteoriten.com/L-breccia-detail1.jpg
http://www.meteoriten.com/L-breccia-detail2.jpg
http://www.meteoriten.com/L-breccia-detail4.jpg
http://www.meteoriten.com/L-breccia-detail5.jpg

I have never seen so a lot of different chondrules in a single meteorite,
any sizes and colors of chondrules from 1 to 15 mm. Some areas look somehow
carbonaceous. It`s a crazy piece, and the right material for spending some
hours on the microscope.:-)

Best wishes,
Stefan