[meteorite-list] Future of "Meteorite" Magazine

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Nov 14 22:25:14 2005

Dear Friends and Listees:

A number of you have very kindly written to me asking if I would
consider taking over "Meteorite" magazine. I am certain that I could
not do nearly as good a job as Joel, but I thank you for your
confidence in my abilities.

Christine Schiff and I discussed this matter at some length, and I am
taking the liberty of making the following statement on this issue, as
there have been so many inquiries about the future of the magazine: It
is the Schiff family's wish that "Meteorite" magazine be remembered and
enjoyed as it was, and that no other party attempt to take it over. I
fully support this decision.

I do hope that -- at some point -- another great magazine about
meteorites will come into being to follow in the footsteps of our
favorite publication. I would be delighted to be involved with such a
magazine, in some capacity, if the new publisher wishes it.

If anyone is *seriously* interested, I will be open to discussing a new
publishing project in the future, but right now I'm more concerned
about assisting the Schiff family with the remaining subscriptions and
so on.

Best to all,

Geoff N.