[meteorite-list] Thanksgiving find November 24,1995

From: larrytwinkmonrad <larrytwinkmonrad_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Nov 18 00:21:54 2005

It occurred to me today that it was ten years ago when my friend and
neighbor Jim Kriegh asked me to take care of his house and mail as he and
two friends were going to go metal detecting for gold over the Thanksgiving
holiday. They would be celebrating with deli turkey sandwiches, according
to Jim. He told me that he and his friends John Blennert and John Martin
were going to an area near Kingman, and showed me his topo map of the area
so Larry and I would know where he would be hunting. When Jim returned I
heard a tale of strange hot rocks which sounded like gold but were not
gold. He ended up taking some to a scientist at the University of Arizona
who confirmed that they were meteorites. The name on the map was Gold
Basin. Now you know the rest of the story.

Twink Monrad