[meteorite-list] Meteorite finding - map

From: ken newton <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Nov 18 15:15:38 2005

Hi Josiah and M.Doug,
If I may add to Mexico Doug's excellent post. You may wish to read Jeff
Grossman's directions for Google Earth link:
http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2005-November/178712.html

You will need to install Google Earth and IE browser on your computer.
(this doesn't seem to work on Netscape 7.2?)
Go to :
http://tin.er.usgs.gov/meteor/metbull.php
Under "Search for;" select 'Places'
          "Search Type" select 'Contains'
          "Limits" select 'United States' and 'All classes'
           "Display" select 'Link to Google Earth'
            "Search text" type 'Indiana' and next 'All bulls'
            Hit 'Select"
Under Google Earth Header select "Map all"
And you will see thirteen Indiana Meteorite on your Google Map.
best,
Ken Newton
http://home.earthlink.net/~magellon/mepage.html
IMCA# 9632