[meteorite-list] AD - World Biggest Impact Melt slices

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Nov 23 09:47:10 2005

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:33:53 +0100 (CET), M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2004_at_yahoo.it>
wrote:

>I not have say the Marcin prices its exaggerated, I
>have say its useless put a price and after the same
>piece, and from the same dealer, I find on ebay start
>price 1 cent...sincerely the thing does get angry me.
>A person pay $4/gr. on the site, and after see the
>same offer for 1 cent....is not a nice method....and
>thanks to this method many have lose tons on money -
>see example of lunars start from $35,000/gr. and now
>arrive to $1000/gr. - and I have notice many dealers,
>and big dealers, have lose many many money for this
>method.

But is it better to make a smaller profit now (not loose money, make a smaller profit) or to sit on
the piece for years hoping that someone, someday will be willing to pay the higher price, but maybe
they never will? Lots of the web sites that sell meteorites have had the same pieces listed for
months, possibly years, without them selling. To me, that seems like it should be a clue to them
that nobody wants to pay that price.