[meteorite-list] STARDUST_at_Home Signup Now!

From: Martin Horejsi <accretiondesk_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Nov 28 08:54:04 2005

Hi Mark,

Good question. Yes, Stardust does use the same system, however, the
schematics for Genesis had the accelerometer upsidedown. Therefore the
system failed.

The schematics for Stardust have the accelerometer in the correct
position. Assuming the engineers install the parts according to plan,
things will be fine.

Also, the Stardust SRC is designed for a hard landing. Hopefully a
parachute will deploy, but if not, it won't be the same situtation as
Genesis.

Cheers,

Martin