[meteorite-list] STARDUST_at_Home Signup Now!

From: Martin Horejsi <accretiondesk_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Nov 28 11:38:08 2005

Hi All,

Here are some websites with more info on this issue:

http://www.planetary.org/news/2004/1015_Investigation_Uncovers_Likely_Cause_of.html

http://www.spacetoday.org/SolSys/Sun/Genesis.html

and, of course, the real news...

http://www.aliendave.com/UUFOH_Genesis-Stardust.html

By the way, a way to teach kids about the situation with Genesis is to
throw a box of crackers at the floor. Then carefully open the box
collecting the parts and inspecting the integrity of the crackers and
cracker parts.

Obviously you could add much more to this like throwing the crackers
into a mud hole fulll of rocks making sure that the box opens and dirt
gets in, but in general, I thought the analog fit rather well. And it
is much cheaper than my original idea of pushing a loaded china
cabinet off a building.

Cheers,

Martin