[meteorite-list] OT or a little OnT: Munich show, accomodations, Friday evening

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Oct 1 17:44:15 2005

Hola list!

again I retire for 3 weeks webless onto the Baragan.

For those, who plan to visit the Munich show, I leave some points:

- If you don't have booked your accomodation yet, it's high time, if you
still want to find a cheap room!
  Because of the quite contemporary computer fair, some places don't have
rooms yet anymore and some dared to make a rip-off in doubling their
prices.
 (Avoid hotels from the Dorint-Accor-group, they're rather a case for a
lawyer than for guests).

- A list of the cheapest places I found in the city center (no idea of which
quality they are) Marcin Cimala or Razvan Andrzej will forward it to you.

- If you need someone to email or to give a call in German, cause only a
monolingual Bavarian is sitting on the other end of the line, please ask the
German-speaking members of the list for assistance. I'm sure Christian
Anger, Hanno Strufe, Stefan Ralew, Norbert Classen, Ingo Herkstroeter, Andi
Gren, Bernd Pauli and many many more will gladly help you.

- For those, who take part in the show as dealers. Please, if you have left
some admission cards for Friday, the socalled GEOFA-Schein (it is only a
sheet of paper, which allows a visitor to pay the entrance and to visit the
show on the business and expert visitors day and NOT the invitation tickets,
where the dealer has to pay) send it to me.
Martin Altmann
Mangfallstr. 2d
81547 Munich
Germany
(I'll refund you of course the shipping costs)
I'm obviously not in the computer of the organisation anymore. As a dealer,
I think, you can order as much of those admission cards as you want for
free.
I have several collectors willing to come on Friday and also to be at the
Friday Eve's cometogether, who don't have a card yet (me included)
and I don't want to see them then standing between crying Japaneese because
the nasty Bavarian guardians refuse to let them in.
(PS - I don't have an idea yet, how I should get in on Thursday, where all
install their stalls to say hello and to ask more to come on Friday, as this
time my friend, who always borrowed me his dealers' pass won't take part
anymore - so perhaps you'll have to live without me).

- Those, who want to take part in the Friday evening, but didn't tell yet,
please do it until I'll be back in 3 weeks, for me being able to patch some
more places (I guess the 70 are not enough.)

- Especially from those persons I'm still waiting for an aswer, ( if
somebody knows them and if they don't have a sudden attack of autism, help
would be appreciated):
Jan Bartels
Carion senior&junior
Thomas Dehner
Peter K?mmel
Ahmed Pani
Ali Hmani&Son
Prokopec-Labenne
Bernhard Rems
Bob Haag

- May you live long and prosper meanwhile!

Buckleboo!
Martin