AW: [meteorite-list] Purple (or bluish green) in a (stone) meteorite

From: dellenit <dellenit_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Oct 2 06:51:39 2005

Hi,

just a few remarks (corrections) on this issue.
Ringwoodite is not found in the matrix of the chondrites, but in the shock
veins (and close to the shock veins) of the chondrites. Bernd is right that
is needs at least S4.
But is was also found in LL6 chondrites - especially in NWA 757.

Reference: A. Bischoff: DISCOVERY OF PURPLE-BLUE RINGWOODITE WITHIN SHOCK
VEINS OF AN LL6 ...
www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2002/pdf/1264.pdf

Anyway, so if you didn't find this bluish inclusion connected or inside the
melt vein - i suspect it not to be ringwoodite.

P.S. i am currently writing an article about ringwoodite (for a german
magazine)

best regards

Harald

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----