[meteorite-list] chinese fossil repatriation

From: E.L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 3 01:01:11 2005

Yes indeed this is a dark cloud on the entire word of paleoworld- the
entire artifact collecting world in reality . I guess it is much harder
to enforce one's own restrictive export laws if one doesn't enforce the
dubious demands of another's--even if that country's claims of harm are
made while simultaneously promoting the massive industry of producing
and exporting pirated--aka stolen intellectual property.

This is a new "capitalist" ploy by The People's (sic) Republic of
China. Are we really expected to believe that they didn't (ahem) know
this illegal activity was going on? This way they get the money twice.
Once from the Australian Importers via confiscation and again when they
resell them to the Australian Importers. What a country... Yet another
case of "you dumb capitalist--we will sell you the ropes we use to hang
you with".

Oh just wondering-- if the Dippl Family is related to the person that
goes by Pete Pete on the list--hard to keep up with all the Petes
sometimes. Just curious , if so, why would one need two identities? I
guess it is a quaint cultural thingy.

Regards Back to Ya!
Elton