[meteorite-list] RE: POLL: rustiest most unstable knownand Munich show

From: Mike / flattoprocks <mikewm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 10 11:14:36 2005

 Hello Don and list members. Just my two cents here. In my opinion you are
risking rust on any iron meteorite if you just let it sit on display for
years. I recommend taking them out and inspecting them every couple of
months. If you notice any discoloration. Use a little CLR on a Q tip and
wash it off, then a thin coating of a good quality oil. The same is true of
a gun, it is treated to resist rust, but if you just sit it in the closet
and forget about it, it too will rust.
Mike Miller // E-Bay flattoprocks
Website // www.meteoritefinder.com
Check out the web site it is up and running!
Mike Miller 230 Greenway Rd. Kingman AZ 86401