Re-2: [meteorite-list] Munich Show

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Oct 27 18:56:10 2005

> A new Dhofar-Ureilite...

Thanks a lot Martin,

If that is the new Dhofar AURE that I have recently purchased a thin
section of from Ivan Koutyrev, I can tell you it is one of the most
colorful, most fascinating ureilites I have ever seen. Alex who will
also be with the "gang" in Munich soon can attest to this statement
as I sent him a digital JPEG of that colorful, stunning cascade of
weakly shocked olivines and pyroxenes of that achondrite. It also
displays numerous triple junctions and the carbonaceous stuff seems
to be concentrated in a thin interstitial "lining" in the areas sur-
rounding the olivines and pyroxenes. B e a u t i f u l !

BTW, Ivan still has several of these thin sections available on Bay!
Beautiful crystals of twinned pyroxenes, pigeonite and augite crystals!

Cheers,

Bernd