[meteorite-list] Re: What happened to findmeteorites.com

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Oct 28 13:55:29 2005

John Birdsell posted:

> We are just wondering what happened to the findmeteorites.com website?
> . . . Quite a few people
> paid in advance to advertise on this website and it is rather
> troubling to find that it is no longer a valid
> URL.

John and List:

Although www.FindMeteorites.com is not one of the websites that I
manage I am taking the liberty of replying on Steve Arnold IMB's behalf
as he is a friend, and because I happen to know that he is away on
business at the moment.

www.FindMeteorites.com is a valid URL. The site was temporarily
unavailable due to an error made by the host company -- GoDaddy.com.
Steve was aware of the problem, and doing everything possible to get
the site back up ASAP. Unfortunately GoDaddy.com is not the most
efficient outfit.

If you check back, you will see that www.FindMeteorites.com is up and
running, and I'm sure Steve regrets any temporary down time.

Sincerely,

Geoff N.