[meteorite-list] Re: Fukang

From: John Birdsell <johnbirdsell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 31 12:06:45 2005

Hi Michael. Yes, what you said was that:

"It [Fukang] was being offered at less than 10Euros a
gram in large chunks, I saw pieces from 100 grams to 2
kilos."

I believe the operative phrase here is 'LARGE chunks',
not beautiful, 10-20g translucent part slices, but
LARGE chunks.

2000g x 10 Euro/gram = ~$24,000.00

That is pretty much the wholesale price for that
quantity of Esquel, isn't it? I'm betting that there
is currently more Esquel available for the market than
Fukang, and most collectors already have Esquel.
Almost no one has any Fukang and there are very few
places that one could purchase it if they wanted to.
We can each make up our own minds as for what that
means for the market, but if you think the market is
going to be "flooded" with Fukang, then by all means
wait.

Cheers

-John