[meteorite-list] Catastrophic Disaster Response Needs More Study in the Event of Asteroid Impact

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Sep 1 09:46:36 2005

Dear List,
  What we are seeing, related to the the hurricane
disaster response in New Orleans, shows us that the
most powerful and developed country on the Earth still
seriously lacks an effective Response Plan in the
event of a major catastrophic disaster. This disaster
can guide to prepare in the event of any future event
anywhere in the world. Careful study of this event
needs to be done and nothing overlooked if we are to
learn for the future. A very important area that
needs attention is human response and individual
response. This study also needs to understand the
culture of the community and how to respond with
responsible sense.
I entertain any discussion on this matter on or off
list. Thank you. Sincerely, Dirk Ross...Tokyo