[meteorite-list] New Orleans

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Sep 5 03:37:59 2005

I hope Geoff, Paul & Jim all accept my sincere apology.
        I made the previous post prior to reading they had
  proposed very generous acts of charity via the Red Cross.
These are 3 of the finest people I know and I would have
worded my post differently had I been aware of their acts
of kindness.
        I most certainly did not mean to dampen any enthusiasm
or in any way diminish the meaningfulness of their actions.
        Now that I have crammed my foot down my mouth and
it is up to the knee, I humbly do suggest a different method
of help that will result in getting "more bang for the buck" to
the people who most need it..... but I am sorry for the lack of
tact due to my ignorance of previous actions taken.
        When I get back from being away from my computer,
I tend to respond to posts in the order they came in - not
always the best, as this case so aptly demonstrates.
        Sorry, guys.
        Michael