[meteorite-list] Charity Raffle , etc.

From: Robert Woolard <meteoritefinder_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Sep 5 21:05:11 2005

Hello Geoff and List,

  Great job, Geoff! Thanks for your time and effort
for this good cause.

   I know there has been a lot of off topic posts and
I am NOT trying to start another flurry of them. But I
wanted to just quickly add that everyone of us who
works for a "large organization" might check to see if
their leaders would be willing to do what those at my
job are. They have already made a significant cash
contribution, AND, they have informed all employees
that they will match EACH individual employee's
donation to the Red Cross. We have about 7,400
employees, so this could REALLY add up to a nice
amount. This is the plan that makes the most sense in
MY situation, because it DOUBLES my contribution. Of
course, not many employers will be able to do this,
but I wanted to pass this along just for the OUTSIDE
CHANCE that some member might not have known to check
to see IF their leaders might be willing to. Lastly,
our church has asked our members to consider taking a
box to a store to fill up with personal hygiene items,
etc., for those poor persons who have lost everything
and are living in shelters and desperately need these
items. This way, the full 100% of whatever you spend
goes to the people affected, with NO loss for
administrative or advertising fees. The point is,
there are MANY ways to help (like the raffle Geoff
started), so as a lot of members have said, pick one
(or more) for yourself and try to help.

  The very best to you all,
  Robert Woolard