[meteorite-list] AD: RARE INDEPENDENCE, MO FULL SLICE

From: Martin H. <planetwhy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Sep 7 08:43:12 2005

Ryan kindly wrote:

> I am looking to quickly sell a 11.53g full slice of
the hard to aquire Independece, MO L6.
> ...a great story goes with this one. A classic
American fall.

Hi Ryan and All,

There is a wonderful story that goes with this stone,
and if anyone is interested, here is an article I
wrote about the discovery of Independence (by Allen
Shaw, a Meteorite List member!) for The Meteorite
Times:

http://www.meteoritetimes.com/Back_Links/2002/June/Accretion_Desk.htm

In this article, I mention my 19.8g slice. I have
since upgraded Independence in my collection from that
slice to the main mass (;- )

Happy reading.

Martin