[meteorite-list] Raffle Update, Last Call for Donations

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Sep 8 22:14:28 2005

Dear Friends and Listees:

I have received some very notable new prizes for our charity raffle,
and most of them have now been added to the site. They are too numerous
to list here (plus I've been doing a heck of a lot of typing this
week), so please take a look for yourselves. Newest additions are at
the top of the page:

http://www.aerolite.org/meteorite-raffle.htm

Don't miss: Nininger's "Stone-Pelted Planet," Glenn Huss' personal
Meteoritical Society portfolio, Shalka and Orgueil, a 5.8 gram New
Orleans fragment, part of Rob Matson's very first find, cool impactites
and more.

There are several more fine items on the way, but PLEASE NOTE, as of
tomorrow, Friday, 5 pm Pacific Time, I will no longer be accepting
raffle prize donations. We need time to divide the donations up into
separate prize lots, and take care of some hefty paperwork. We also
have to make up the raffle tickets, and I will -- sometime fairly soon
-- post a page that explains exactly how the raffle drawing is going to
work. Thanks to Mike Jensen for putting his head together with mine on
this fairly complicated issue.

Mike Jensen and myself are sending out press releases to newspapers in
Denver and Tucson. The international show of support we've received is
most inspiring, and I feel it should be made public. If anyone would
like a press release to send to their local newspaper, please email me
off-list. I have them all ready to go, either by email or fax.

Ticket sales continue. I expect us to collect more than $5,000 with
this venture.

Well done all.

Sincerely,

Geoff N.