[meteorite-list] 2 New Desert Irons - WITH Pictures links

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 9 09:24:40 2005

Dear List Members,

I would like to share pictures of two new Sahara Desert irons I brought back
from my last trip. One may be paired to NWA 854 "Ziz" and weighs 2016 grams
(picture 'desertIron1.jpg'). It is very fresh, flow lines and crust are
visible, along with a bluish hue to the entire specimen.
See here: http://www.lunarrock.com/irons/desertIron1.jpg

The other one, which I was told came from Algeria or Mauritania, is quite
"sculptural" and stands up by itself. This one has been in the desert longer
but is a great display piece. I do not know what type of iron meteorite this
is and do not plan to cut or even polish a window for a look. This one
weighs 5045 grams (picture 'desertIron2.jpg').
See here: http://www.lunarrock.com/irons/desertIron2.jpg

I will not be cutting either one. Enjoy the pics. Sorry about the first
lost, I accidentally "attached" the photos instead of providing links.

Best regards,

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
naturesvault (eBay)