[meteorite-list] PV and Lunar-New Photos and Links

From: Martin H. <planetwhy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 9 10:09:39 2005

Hi Robert,

I was looking at your Dhofar 1180 page:

http://www.portalesvalleymeteorites.com/Lunar.htm

And was intrigued by the moon phase gif. On my
computer it was cycling faster than once per second.

At this speed, it is obvious there is other motion and
rotation active in the composite. Forgetting about
other photography//computer issues, it appears, taking
the gif at face value of course, that one can easily
see some rolling back and forth of the visible lunar
surface, some precession, and some distance changing
between the earth (photographer) and the moon.

Just an early morning observation. Oh, great pics of
great meteorites as well!

Martin