[meteorite-list] Raffle Update, Sunday

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Sep 11 23:40:06 2005

Dear Friends and Listees:

Greetings from our Tucson raffle office : )

I know I said "no more prizes" but we were offered something so very
special that we had to make an exception. Famed meteorite hunter Steve
Schoner has very generously donated an authentic H. H. Nininger Canyon
Diablo Star to our collection of prizes. Please take a look:

http://www.aerolite.org/meteorite-raffle.htm

These stars were hand made by H. H. in the 1940s and 50s and are
extremely rare. One sold at auction in Tucson this year for $500. Thank
you Steve!

The donations have now been divided up into actual prize lots. Here
they are:

http://www.aerolite.org/prize-list.htm

There will be six Grand Prizes, and twelve runner-up prizes.

Many of you have emailed me to ask how exactly the raffle will work.
Well, we have no idea. No, just kidding. Some of the top brains in the
meteorite field have worked diligently on this very issue (scary, I
know). As a result of their efforts, we now have a Raffle Rules page
which I hope will answer every possible question that you can come up
with:

http://www.aerolite.org/rules.htm

[ I know Matt Morgan is already working on a super-complicated
question, just to confuse me ]

But seriously, a number of people have spent a long time trying to
devise a system that will be fair, fun, and enable as many of you as
possible to go home with something nice. We hope you approve.

I've also designed a special commemorative specimen card for the
raffle. Every prize winner, runner-up, etc., will get one.

Total funds collected as of today: $8,880.

LAST CALL: Ticket sales will end tomorrow, September 12, at Noon, U.S.
Pacific Time. Please don't wait for the last minute if you need
tickets.

Finally, please support these great charity auctions by:

Stan Turecki:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6560273044

Marcin Cimala:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6560532578