[meteorite-list] OT Suspect Mo

From: Kevin Forbes <vk3ukf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Sep 14 09:49:31 2005

OK, I had a piece of Molybdenite lying around, and I had a small ceramic
crucible.
I did the scratch test. The Molybdenite,(molybdenum di-sulphide), obviously
left a mark like a soft grey lead pencil.
Then I rubbed the suspect Mo sample on it and to my surprise, it left the
same, soft looking, shiny, lead grey streak. The Molybdenite specimens I
have, are soft, pliable, lead grey, hexagonal plates, similar to mica in
form If I rub the Molybdenite on my skin, it leaves a grey smudge. If I rub
the suspect Mo sample on my skin, it leaves no smudge.

Might be getting close.
Kevin, VK3UKF.