[meteorite-list] RE: Meteorite Charity Auction ( Guided Meteorite Hunting trip )

From: wahlperry_at_aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Sep 14 23:51:19 2005

Hi List ,

I would like to announce some new information for the winner of the
Guided Meteorite hunting Trip . We are planning on hunting for two days
but it is up to the winner if they would only like to go for one day.
We will give the winner the choice of hunting Nevada, California,
Arizona or Utah. We have picked some new locations in these states that
would be ideal areas. We also have some areas of known finds to choose
 from. But as you know alot of these areas have been well searched. The
winner will have to provide their own transportation to Las Vegas or
Phoenix. We will provide all field transportation ( ATV/Meteorite
Mobile), lunch and cold drinks. Depending on hunt location we may
split hotel costs between all of the hunters. The winner will need
backpack, outdoor gear, metal detector if they have one. A well known
meteorite hunter will be accompanying us. He has found numerous
Glorietta meteorites and has agreed to share his expertise. What a
great opportunity to meet Steve Schoner. If we tie him up maybe he
will tell us where to look for the large Gloriettas! ! A good time is
guaranteed to the winner and with some luck we may find some nice
meteorites.

Special thanks to Geoff Notkin for coming up with the fundraiser idea
and giving us all the chance to help the Hurricane survivors. I am sure
it took alot of time and effort to coordinate the fundraiser.

Sonny