[meteorite-list] Is this a meteorite ?

From: Ingo Herkstroeter <metopaster_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Sep 15 11:28:01 2005

>Hi Listees!

I?ve seen a lot of weathered rocks like this in Namibia (mostly
lime-stones). But I wouldn?t expect this sort of weathering in France. To
check it out put a little drop of acid (HCl 10% or less) on the surface.
Make sure, that there is no dirt on the surface of the rock (could contain
lime). If you see bubbles, it?s limestone. Meteorites and HCl would?t show a
reaktion.

Ingo

--- Urspr?ngliche Nachricht ---