[meteorite-list] Re: Raffle, The Tally Fail

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Sep 21 11:51:12 2005

Marcin posted:

> Sorry list by my charity auction was removed second time by eBay, so I
> must
> stop doing this becouse it have no sense.

Dear Marcin and List:

Thanks to you, Marcin, and Stan Turecki for trying to run these
meteorite charity auctions on Ebay in conjunction with our raffle. Ebay
closed down Stan's auction as well. I haven't seen so many petty
regulations since I was at military school in England : )

It is possible to set up charity auctions on Ebay, but you have to do
it their way (surprise) which is through MissionFish. I agree with Stan
that MissionFish appears to be a *for* profit entity, and that smells
very MissionFishY to me.

I think we all know what Ebay's top priority is, and it ain't charity.

Thanks for trying.

Best,

Geoff N.