[meteorite-list] Capot Rey...photos please of the H5

From: Jeff Kuyken <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 23 04:57:28 2005

I would be a bit cautious about calling something an IMB unless it has been
formally classified as such. My understanding is that this meteorite was
classified as H5 but after further cutting later was found to be highly
shocked. Let's not forget that IMB is basically a scientific term referring
to the fact that the pressure reached about 75-90 GPa and is rated as S6+.
It's original shock rating was only S2. A new piece should probably be
submitted for re-classification so a proper determination can be made.

Cheers,

Jeff