[meteorite-list] Capot Rey...photos please of the H5

From: Meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 23 07:13:15 2005

Hi Martin and All,

I agree wit you Martin and just wish to add one other example to yours: our Acfer 329 that has been classified as a L4/5 from the
specimen that we supplied to the MNHNP for classification. This is a 30kg chondrite, with one main fragment of 15kg plus other
fragments. We cut some slices from some fragments with no surprise compared to what we had at the beginning. And then we started
cutting another fragment maybe two years later and discovered some beautiful shock veins in this last fragment... As shock stage had
not been mentioned in the MNHNP classification we have no clue about it, but I guess that it would not have been high with the
specimen supplied at first. And when you see the other ones...! They can VISUALLY be compared to our Acfer 334 that is classified
with shock stage S5-6... Once again, vi-sual-ly.
Later on, the choice of the words used to call them (IMB etc...) is difficult and as far as I'm concerned I talk about shock veins
when I want to describe our Acfer 329 slices that display those paths of shock. But they are not showing the same as Capot Rey, that
definitely looks more shocked on slices sold by Carsten on ebay! There are no melt pockets in Acfer 329 but only shock veins.
I can send some pictures of Acfer 329 slices that display shock veins to Listees that are interested (there is none currently shown
on our website, sorry, a mistake that I will try to correct asap). Just ask me privately.

Kind regards

Frederic Beroud
http://www.meteoriteshow.com
IMCA member # 2491 (http://www.imca.cc/)