[meteorite-list] Thailand micro-tektites and carbonized wood published in paper but found not factual

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 23 20:39:09 2005

Dear List,
  This is slightly related to your carbonized wood.
Several years ago did a websearch for micro-tektites
in Thailand. I found a paper claiming that the
researcher had found them along with carbonized wood
at a site near Khorat, Thailand. I contacted the
researcher because I am researching tektites in
Thailand and wanted more information about his find.
He explained to me that what he had published later
turned out to be incorrect and that he had not
actually found micro-tektites. About 2 years ago I
visited the site myself to investigate. I wanted to
check for myself. I also found no micro-tektites in
the level that he had reported and his carbonized wood
was not due to combustion, but due to anerobic decay
of the wood. If anyone wants photos of the site I can
send them off list.
Sincerely, Dirk Ross...Tokyo