[meteorite-list] Capot Rey...good pics for comparison

From: Christian Anger <christian.anger_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Sep 24 00:04:37 2005

Hi Dirk and all

here pic without melt

www.austromet.com/CollnPics/Capot_Rey_17.6g.jpg

here pic with melt

www.austromet.com/CollnPics/Capot_Rey_13.6g.jpg

the H5 part is the same.

best regards,

Christian

IMCA #2673
www.austromet.com

Christian Anger
Korngasse 6
2405 Bad Deutsch-Altenburg
AUSTRIA

email: christian.anger_at_aon.at
-----Original Message-----
From: meteorite-list-bounces_at_meteoritecentral.com
[mailto:meteorite-list-bounces_at_meteoritecentral.com] On Behalf Of Jeff
Kuyken
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2005 3:57 AM
To: Martin Altmann; meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Capot Rey...photos please of the H5

Hi Martin,

I can certainly see what you are saying but that was not really my point. My
point is that it is not up to us to 'make-up' classifications without the
proper science being done. Admittedly, I've only seen a few photos of the
Caopt Rey pieces and in my opinion the one that was just posted by Cartsen
is certainly a highly shocked piece but it's not an IMB. I think if you
compare them to meteorites like Cat Mountain or Mike Farmer's NWA 2085 you
will see what I mean. That said, it is certainly a gorgeous meteorite which
I wouldn't mind having a piece myself! ;-)

Cheers,

Jeff