[meteorite-list] AD NEW NWA IRON

From: Andreas Gren <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Apr 2 00:16:35 2006

Hello List, dear collectors of rare iron Meteorites,

I have to offer four slices of the fine Octahedrite NWA 4233.
This number is of course provisional until the Bulletin will be published.

NWA 4233
Northwest Africa
Found 2004
Iron (IAB), Octaedrite (Of)

An iron mass of 444 g was bought from a Moroccan dealer during the Hamburg Mineral Fair, Germany, in 2004. The exact find location is not known.
Classification (J. Schl?ter, Hamburg), NAA (B. Spettel, Mainz): Composition of the metal is Co 4.82 mg/g, Ni 123 mg/g, Ga 26.8 ?g/g, Ge 45.0 ?g/g, As 13.5 ?g/g, Ir 1.38 ?g/g, Au 1.74 ?g/g.
The type specimen of 21.5 g is curated at the Mineralogical Museum Hamburg, the main mass is with Andreas Gren, Hamburg.

As I do have only half of the small tkw for sale and already some reservations, the supply of this beauty with its convincing patterns ? finally again a Fine Octahedrite ? is very limited. Note also the high-contrast etch. Only 4 full slices available. Shipping is 5$ registered worldwide.

http://www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/NWA4233_1a.jpg

http://www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/NWA4233_2a.jpg

http://www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/NWA4233_3a.jpg

http://www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/NWA4233_4a.jpg

Thanks for looking, feel free to ask for backside pictures.
Andi

Meteoritenhaus
Andreas Gren
Hamburg/Germany