[meteorite-list] You shouldn't believe everything you see on TV but...

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Apr 3 20:51:25 2006

Hello list

Just watching Discovery channel (Science), and the
programme was a reat of "First Alien Contact". I Don't
know how old it is but I reckon it must be 5 years old
at least.

It was talking about ALH84001 without actually
mentioning the name and then said that a British team
of scientists had found a similar result in another
Martian rock. Now I would assume that;

a: this may have been big news in the space community
and

b: the British press may have made a big deal over
this corroberation of previous results

However, if either the above happened, they passed me
by. Now I'll admit I've been busy the last few years
but have I missed something significant Re: the
British scientist results, or is it purely fabricated/exaggerated?