[meteorite-list] Meteorite Times tektite of the month

From: Norm Lehrman <nlehrman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Apr 9 01:29:50 2006

Paul,

I tried to send this off list, but the email link
doesn't work.

With all due respect, you are selling an idea as fact.
 Ideas are fun and should be unconstrained. But don't
present them as done deals. I have dozens of
specimens of this sort. They are so uniform that they
cannot be the random melding of two tektites. I don't
claim to know what they are for sure (and I don't even
deny that you could be right, but I don't think so).
I have one that is developed on a bubble shard and
the convex exterior feature corresponds with a concave
interior feature, suggesting it was a bubble about to
erupt. This is quite fatal to your interpretation.

Tektites are particularly fun because there are still
questions like this that even us kids have a shot at
solving. But don't foist a simple idea, as fine as it
may be, on the believing public as fact. It is a fine
idea. And almost surely wrong. Sorry. But if you
want to buy a whole bunch of these, let me know!

Norm
http://tektitesource.com