[meteorite-list] Encyclopedia of Meteorites

From: Pelé Pierre-Marie <pierremariepele_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Apr 11 11:27:59 2006

Hello to the List,

I've just registered the domain name
www.encyclopedia-of-meteorites.com that I invite you
to add to your bookmarks.

I've also decided that the access to the Encyclopedia
would be totally free as I'm not sure that a lot of
people would accept to pay (even a few $ a month) for
this service... Access will need registration.

As the hosting service will cost me much money,
registered users will be able to send me some money by
Paypal if they want.

Some info about the Encyclopedia :
- complete list of meteorites (from Meteoritical
Bulletin)
- thousands of pictures including many antarctic
meteorites
- ability to share your meteorite collection online
and add your own meteorite pictures other users can
look at or not (according to your own parameters)
- many PDF files (meteorite studies)
- bibliography
- direct ebay link for each meteorite
- Google maps link for each meteorite
- advanced multi query search engine
and much more features

I will also let meteorite dealers add some advertising
(banners) at a low price.

Launch is due Q4 2006.

Best regards,

Pierre-Marie PELE