[meteorite-list] eBay item #6620167638 "Aventura del Monte" Famous Show Quality.

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Apr 12 12:31:07 2006

Hello List,

Anne Black pointed out to me the following, because of its location.
Wichita, Kansas...former airplane capital of the world, birth place of
Lincoln Lapaz, home of the Sweet 16 WSU Shockers, location of the first
Pizza Hut and my hometown/location.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6620167638

Since I am a local I have e-mailed the person, telling them a little who I
am, more so limiting my comments to local references. Like being a founder
for the Kansas Meteorite Society, having been in the local media, my display
I had downtown, bringing the Wichita meteorite home (helping bring it home
is more accurate) and the like and offered to look at the stone. Suggesting
it not right to call it a meteorite, unless it has an official name or has
been classified.

The auction story is very funny as the lack of some details....but extra
details in some cases. Mentions cities were it was displayed....but not
exactly where. Where in Wichita? Where in Chicago? Has a built in don't
know it's not mine comment. No classification, a made up or unrecognized
name, found by a farmer....yet they know when it fell. I think Ken would
flag this, and I suggest caution to anyone that is interested in it.

The ebay name is new....so I will hope it is not a Kansas Meteorite Society
member. Odds are about 7 to 600,000. Ruling me and Jerry Calvert out,
which I can easily do.

Should the seller reply, I will repost on this item which I feel now...is at
best a possible.

Clear Skies,
Wichita, Kansas
Mark Bostick