[meteorite-list] RE:"Aventura del Monte Meteorite"

From: marcin_at_polandmet.com <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Apr 14 18:01:47 2006

Hi
Incredible specimen.
But I have questions.

You, as a person who know how meteorites looks like, can u describe what
kind of material it is? I think that its easy to recognize iron meteorite
from magnetite or other material. Specimen for me looks like iron meteorite.
If this is not iron and its heavy magnetic, then it cant be meteorite.

This specimen looks like fresh Sikhote-Alin, so it have fussion crust with
flow lines (looks oriented) or it is just layer that simulate crust ?

I think that this should show if its "normall" meteorite or meteor-wron or
strange meteorite.

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195